Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fingers Crossed....

In less than 24 hours, we'll find out about Chicago's bid for the 2016 Olympics. While our city is not perfect, I would love for Chicago to be the host of the Olympics. I grew up loving the Olympics--Mark Spitz made a BIG impression on me during the '72 games and made me want to swim. Years later, I tumbled around the yard a 'la Nadia. I would love to get involved if we get the bid.
.
As a former collegiate rower, I love the fact that the rowing facility will be front and center in the city--such a great boost to a little-known sport.
.
While I do think that it is time that a South American city gets a chance, I really think that Buenos Aires would be a better choice than Rio.
.
I'm on pins and needles here...good thing I have lots of felting to keep me busy...

No comments: