Monday, December 8, 2008

"Looks Like Bacon"

Oh, the things people say. One of these days, I'm going to write an entry just on the things I hear from customers at art shows. So this weekend was the last of my shows for the '08 season--the busiest so far. Thanks to everyone who came out and supported my work and to those of you shopping on Etsy.

And the bacon quote? Hands down, this was the funniest quote I heard from a customer all year. Usually the strangest comments come from men, but this was from a woman looking at my Flamenco scarves. Her husband was mortified and said, "No, no, it's really sculptural. " She looked at him skeptically and deadpanned, "No--it looks like bacon".

Now I do love my hickory-smoked breakfast meats and now that I think of it, the Flamenco scarf in brick red does kind of look like bacon, but I'm not sure that I'll use that description for marketing purposes.

This however, really looks like bacon:


It is created by fellow fiber artist Chris Chunski, who believe it or not, is a vegan from California. She has sold over 30 of these felted bacon scarves on Etsy!!

And here I am, a meat-loving girl from the hog butcher for the world, Chicago. Maybe I should use the description-- I can see it now: Da Windy City Bacon Scarf. Or the Kielbasa Cape?

Nah....

No comments: