Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shop Dogs


I taught needle felting last Saturday at a great little yarn store on the south side of Chicago. My Sister's Knits is nestled in the downtown area of the Beverly neighborhood and is one of the coziest shops I've ever been in. Great selection of yarn and all sorts of fun accessories. Of course, my favorite aspect of the store were the dogs. Cody and Goldie, sweet old Golden Retreivers, pad round the store and keep people company.

Ok, maybe I should't say they are my favorite part of the store (although I do have a soft spot for dogs), because the people there are great, too. The place has a real neighborhood feel to it and the owner Carol, makes everyone feel welcome.

Chris, Mary Ellen and Jenea were such fun in the class and were so enthusiastic. Here are a few shots of them at work:



This Saturday, I head out to St. Charles to teach Felted Scarves at the Fine Line Creative Arts Center. It's the first time I'm teaching this workshop, so it should be interesting!

No comments: