Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Cleaning


I think I came across another reason why I'm not really into cleaning--when I do get into it, I really get into it. Take yesterday for example. I simply felt the urge to clean the floor--well, "urge" might be overstating it--the floor was just really gross. Once I got started, I noticed that the windows needed cleaning. And if I'm doing that, I should really wash the curtains. While I'm at it, the windowsills and baseboards need work, too. And I should really straighten up back entryway. Next thing you know, I'm on my hands and knees with a toothbrush scrubbing between the tiles.


On the bright side, I did come across a wall hanging that I made a few years back for the Fine Art of Fiber exhibit. It's mate (the skinny on on top) happily resides in a buyers home. The birds were inspired by scultural art outside of Lakeview High School here in Chicago (see below). I've been wanting to do more home decor work, using this technique (which is a combination of wet and needle felting) for additional wall pieces and maybe pillows.


I envision making some with Arts and Craft and Art Nouveau motifs, as well as Tiffany images.

No comments: