Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Store!



My felted geode pincushions are now carried at gift shop of Fernwood Botanical Garden and Nature preserve in Niles, MI. I can't quite remember how they found me--I think the executive director might have been to the Hyde Park show and suggested them to the gift shop manager. Or something like that.

Make sure to check out their website--they have gorgeous gardens and lots of educational programs. I definitely need to make a road trip over there. And I noticed that they have an annual road trip to the Fine Art of Fiber at the Chicago Botanic Garden! I love being a part of museums and non-profits like this -- I much prefer it over regular stores. Makes me feel good that a purchase of one of my pieces does a bit of good for an organization.

And speaking of doing good, Uncommon Threads, the annual fundraiser for the Fine Line Creative Arts Center is this weekend. Tickets are still available for the luncheon and fashion show--the boutique will run from 10:30 am until 1:00, then will open again after the luncheon, around 2:30. This will be the first year that my pieces will be in the runway show--I have to say, I'm pretty excited about it!

No comments: