Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Felting Class

Last Saturday I taught another felted scarves class at the Fine Line Creative Art Center in St. Charles. I still find it hard to believe that I'm considered "faculty"at the center--they are such a talented and experienced group and I feel fortunate that they have asked me to be a part of them.

The group on Saturday was the speediest I've had so far. It's funny--I always try to build in breaks for day-long felting classes, as felting is not a gentle fiber art. But no one ever wants to stop! I'm also always amazed at the different designs and color combinations that participants come up with--I learn something new from them each class. I wish I were a better photographer, but here are the participants and their creations.

If you are around this weekend, I'll be at the Bucktown Bazaar show on Saturday and Sunday at the Holstein Park Fieldhouse in Chicago--lots of fun artists are there and no mall crowds! I'll have a fresh supply of Flamenco felted scarves and scarflettes in fun colors.

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends-








No comments: